To Report Child Abuse and Neglect in New Mexico
- 1-855-333-SAFE (7233) or #SAFE from your cell phone
- Youth may text Reach NM at 505-591-9444 to report suspected abuse or neglect or be connected with resources and support.
Handles child abuse and neglect investigations, foster care and adoptions.
Locate your local Child Protective Services office
Foster care and adoptions hotline
Early Childhood Services
Early Childhood Services is now part of the Early Childhood Education & Care Department
Includes child care assistance, child care referral, child care licensing, home visiting, and PreK.
Juvenile Justice Services
Manages and reintegration facilities for juvenile offenders, probation and aftercare, and transition services.
Behavioral Health Services
Supports statewide behavioral health services for infants, toddlers, children, adolescents and transition-age youth.
Behavioral Health Licensing and Certification Authority
Statewide crisis and access hotline
CYFD Job Opportunities and Recruitment
For information on employment opportunities within CYFD, call (505) 412-5261, or send an e-mail to HR.Recruitment@cyfd.nm.gov.
CYFD General Human Resource Inquiries
For General HR inquiries, including employment verifications, call (505) 570-7328, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For assistance or questions about CYFD’s programs and services
Office of Children’s Rights
For information about the Office of Children’s Rights
For help filing a foster child or foster youth grievance
Other Key Contacts
Office of the Secretary
Office of the General Counsel
Office of the Inspector General
HIPAA Privacy Office
Public Information Officer/Media Inquiries
Records requests of the Children, Youth and Families Department should be sent to Kathleen Hardy.
While we will endeavor to ensure that inquiries sent by regular mail are responded to timely, to ensure the most expedient handling during the COVID-19 period, please email to Kathleen.Hardy@cyfd.nm.gov.
If you are unable to email your request, it can be sent by regular mail to:
Children Youth and Families Department
P.O. Drawer 5160
Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160
Be advised that, due to the COVID-19 health and safety directives, processing of requests submitted by regular mail may be delayed.
- For juvenile justice records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For protective services records requests, print and complete this form and return it to Kathleen Hardy.
- For public records requests, please submit a written request to Kathleen Hardy that includes the following information:
— Your name
— Your contact information (including mailing address and phone number)
— A description of records you’re requesting
- For more information on the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act, please visit the compliance guide at the Office of the Attorney General.
- To request an Adam Walsh abuse/neglect check for prospective foster / adoptive parents only, click here for instructions, or complete this form and submit the notarized original to CYFD Protective Services, CRC Unit Room 225, PO Drawer 5160, Santa Fe, NM 87502-5160. Questions about these requests can be emailed to CYFD.PSCriminalReco@cyfd.nm.gov or you can call (505) 827-8400.