How to file a complaint

  1. Home
  2. Office of Children’s Rights
  3. How to file a complaint

Filing a complaint is easy!

If you are a foster child or youth and believe your rights have been violated, contact our office.

You can call or text us at 505-228-6797

You can also email us at

Adults can also contact our office on behalf of children and youth. Once you reach out to us, we will respond within about 24 hours to see how we can help!

Here are some pointers on helping us to empower you:

  • Try to remember the event to the best of your ability – writing it down can help!
  • We will want to know:
      • What happened?
      • Where did it happen?
      • When did it happen?
      • Who was involved?

If you can identify a right that is violated – please let us know! We will help you review your rights.